Friday, March 8, 2013

Great Links! - Differentiation Through Technology

Using Technology to Differentiate by Matt Armstrong

I attended a TIES training on using technology to differentiate instruction for our students. It was a workshop full of great ideas and the instructor provided great web links that I wanted to share with you. I think we are all aware of the importance of differentiation and I encourage you to explore the links on the following Wiki to see what you can use in your classroom and with your students.

Differentiate 4 Learners Wikispace

CK-12 Flexbooks

One website that I wanted to to highlight is called CK-12. It is full of resources that are divided by subject and content area. They cover everything from Math and Science to English and Astronomy. When you select a topic, it gives you links to resources that may provide readings, study guides, exercises, mind maps, etc. Much of it is teacher contributed, so you can share what you do with your class. Everything that I have looked at so far is free. It would be a great resource for you as a teacher to gain background insight into topics. It could also be a great resources for students, especially intermediate, to use for researching or independent work. If you only try one thing from the differentiation wiki above, I encourage you to check out CK-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment